About The Loop
The Loop is a 3-mile urban trail that creates and connects great places in the SouthPark area. The Loop will accommodate bicycles and pedestrians, creating a healthy, vibrant, colorful, and convenient activity center.
Private investments will enhance the public realm by connecting destinations and public spaces together, creating a more engaging experience for residents, employees, and visitors in SouthPark.
SouthPark Community Partners is proud to champion this transformational public-private partnership in collaboration with the City of Charlotte.
Features of The Loop
- 14' multi-use path that is accessible to pedestrians and bicycles, connecting key neighborhood centers.
- Custom wayfinding signage and lighting to create a unique sense of place.
- Amenity zones with bright benches, trash cans, and bike racks that will amplify the neighborhood's vibrancy.
- Comfortable seating and activity areas.
- Colorful, playful public art along the path.
Two segments of The Loop have been constructed:
- 400 feet along Roxborough Parkway Drive connected to The Colony apartments
- 800 feet on Carnegie Boulevard adjacent to Apex SouthPark
- Loop-branded crosswalks have been installed at the intersections of Sharon Road and Carnegie Boulevard, Sharon and Fairview Roads, and Carnegie Boulevard and Barclay Downs Drive.
There are currently additional sections of The Loop in active planning.
Loop Framework Plan
You can learn more about the vision and inspiration for The Loop by reading the Loop Framework Plan, which was created by Kimley-Horn and the City of Charlotte in 2019.
The Loop would not be possible without support from a coalition of government, business, and community leaders.
For More Information
To stay in the loop about future project news, sign up for email updates.
If you’re interested in Loop-related partnership or sponsorship opportunities, contact Lizzy Sirkin, SCP’s Vice President of Partnerships.