60 Things To Do In SouthPark This Summer
Plan your summer adventures in SouthPark.
No matter the season, SouthPark is a destination to explore, but there's something special about those long summer days and breezy nights under the SouthPark stars. Whether you live in the neighborhood, nearby, or are visiting, start working your way through 60 summer-centric experiences that make SouthPark special.
1. Enjoy fresh-air fare on one of SouthPark’s most popular patios like
Village Tavern, Bulla Gastrobar, Bar Marcel, and Southern Pecan.
2. Delight in the delicious weekend brunch experience at
Cafe Monte, named to OpenTable’s top 100 brunch restaurants in 2022 and top 100 neighborhood gem restaurants in 2021.
3. Fill up on light and fresh summer eats at
Yafo Kitchen, Greco Fresh Grille, and Just Salad.
4. Let your taste buds take you on a Parisian escape with a sweet treat from one of SouthPark’s French bakeries like
Renaissance Patisserie, Chez Marie, TOUS les JOURS, and Copain.
5. Shop local at specialty markets like
Rhino Market & Deli, Reid’s Fine Foods, and Gourmand Market.
6. Take your dining experience to the next level on one of SouthPark’s best rooftops including
RH Rooftop Restaurant, Mizu, and Cordial.
7. Grab a flight and a bite at SouthPark’s only breweries:
Legion Brewing and The Suffolk Punch.
8. Find your favorite roll while exploring SouthPark’s sushi scene at
BAKU, Mizu, BrickTop’s, Yama Asian Fusion, Moon Thai Japanese, and The Cowfish.
9. Get schooled on the art of making cocktails at
BAR ONE Lounge, where the drink menu features the ingredients, process, and history for each drink.
10. Order tacos served on made-from-scratch corn tortillas on Taco Tuesday at
Mal Pan. Mal Pan is the only restaurant in Charlotte making corn tortillas in-house with heirloom corn sourced from Mexican farmers using the nixtamalization process. When you go, ask the staff more about the tortilla making process!
11. Let the expert staff at
Peppervine guide you through their extensive wine list and help you build the perfect cheese and charcuterie board to pair with it ( Peppervine was recently awarded the Best Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator).
12. Sip on a tequila flight or margarita at
Paco’s Tacos & Tequila. A different family of tequilas is featured each Wednesday.
13. Create your own progressive dinner at Piedmont Town Center. For a casual experience, start with a drink and appetizer at
Duckworth’s Grill & Taphouse, then Mal Pan for tacos, and finish with a pastry from TOUS les JOURS. For a more extravagant escapade, get starters at the bar at Del Frisco’s, an entree from Bentley’s, and enjoy a drink and dessert on the patio at Leo’s Italian Social.
14. Celebrate a special occasion or plan a memorable date night at
Steak 48 or Peppervine. Steak 48 was recently named to OpenTable’s 100 most beloved restaurants in America list, and Food & Wine named Peppervine one of the 16 most anticipated restaurant openings in the country in 2019. Both live up to the hype.
15. Cool down with the fruity and refreshing DTR Frosé on the patio at
Dilworth Tasting Room SouthPark.
Jesse Brown's Outdoors
16. From hipster to outdoorsy to ultrachic, shop men's fashion at
Psycho Bunny, Jesse Brown’s Outdoors, Paul Simon, Hive & Colony, or Taylor Richards and Conger.
17. Boutique hop and shop at SouthPark’s most beloved local boutiques like
Boem, Sloan, Scout & Molly’s, Ivy & Leo, Capitol Clothing, and Poole Shop.
18. Find the perfect decor to refresh a room or your outdoor space. If you’re on a budget,
HomeGoods is a go-to. Ready to splurge? RH Charlotte is calling your name.
19. Get in vacation mode and find a new flattering and fashionable swimsuit at
Everything But Water or Las Olas.
20. Stock up on your favorite girl-powered graphic tees, trendy outfits, and accessories at
Disco Honey and Girl Tribe Co.
21. Peruse the chic boutiques of Phillips Place like
Veronica Beard (just opened!), Bellezza, J.McLaughlin, Eileen Fisher, Marmi, NIC+ZOE, Peter Millar, and more.
22. Go window shopping at SouthPark Mall’s high-end stores like
Gucci, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, and Tiffany & Co.
23. Explore the open-air retail offerings at the Specialty Shops SouthPark like
Amina Rubinacci, Ivy & Leo, Bedside Manner, Scout & Molly’s, Talbots, Williams-Sonoma, and more.
24. Set up a personal shopping experience through the
SouthPark Mall Personal Shopper Program or book a private shopping appointment with a stylist at Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom.
Golden Cow Creamery
25. Savor a scoop of scratch-made ice cream from locally and family-owned
Golden Cow Creamery. Dunkamoos is a popular flavor for the kids and kids at heart.
26. Order the kids a custom bento box at
The Cowfish and then snap their picture on the yellow fish out front to commemorate the fun experience!
27. Grab gourmet snacks and provisions from
Reid’s Fine Foods and have a family picnic at Symphony Park.
28. Let your imaginations soar at a
family, toddler, or baby storytime offered weekly at SouthPark Regional Library.
29. Plan a special mommy and me day with tea time or another extra-special experience offered at the
American Girl store.
30. Sign your kids up for
Sur La Table’s Kids & Teens Summer Series, which features a variety of multi-day cooking classes with different themes.
31. Head to
Build-A-Bear Workshop for each member of the family to create their own custom furry friend.
32. Take a break from shopping with the family at SouthPark Mall and check out the newly renovated
children’s play area on the West Plaza next to The Suffolk Punch.
33. Take the kids to Charlotte Mecklenburg Library’s Summer Break programming at
SouthPark Regional Library, including Maker Monday, Technology Tuesdays, Wee Craft Wednesday, Mad Science, puppet shows, movie showings, and more as well as Codelab: Girls Who Code Club from June 21-Aug. 9.
34. Work off the pint you're about to enjoy at
Legion Brewing at their weekly Yoga on the Green on Tuesdays or SouthPark Run Club on Wednesdays.
35. Find a member of the
Fairmeadows Swim & Racquet Club and challenge them to a game of pickleball (provided you cover the $5 guest fee).
36. Challenge your mind-body fitness ability with a full-body, light-weight workout at
BK Pilates or The Bar Method.
37. Experience the boxing-based fitness classes at
RockBox Fitness. The classes definitely pack a punch.
38. Get your sweat on under infrared heaters at
Studio Fire or HOTWORX.
39. Build muscle and community at
Hustle House during a 50-minute HIIT-based workout. Try the exclusive 3D Body Scanner to determine your custom fitness goals.
40. Spin for that summer body with cycling classes at
CycleBar, one of the only cycling studios in SouthPark.
41. Try a new workout experience at AKT (opening soon), a boutique fitness studio offering full-body workouts that combine dance, HIIT, toning, and strength.
42. Cool down from your workouts with a leisurely walk and stunning views around
Toska European Spa
43. Plan a luxurious spa day at full-service spas in SouthPark like
Palestra Boutique Spa or Toska Spa.
44. If you’re limited on time but still need a quality pamper session, get a 30-minute facial at
Clean Your Dirty Face.
45. Get the perfect cut and color for your style at SouthPark’s most sought-after salons like
Modern Salon and Spa, In Sync Salon, Limelight Salon, Salon Vivace, and Denise Antonacci Salon.
46. Get date night ready or just treat yourself to a beautiful blowout at
47. For the men with facial hair, don’t miss out on a warm and relaxing clean shave at
Knights of the Razor by No Grease or SouthPark Barbers.
48. Beat the summer heat while experiencing the benefits of cryotherapy at
49. Enhance your best features at one of SouthPark’s locally owned and operated medical spas offering non-invasive, anti-aging treatments like
Infinity Medspa & Wellness, Ageless Remedies SouthPark, and Satin Med Spa.
50. Set up that cosmetic surgery consultation you’ve been thinking about with medical professionals at
H/K/B or Graper Harper Cosmetic Surgery.
51. Get vacation ready with a tan at
Gorgeous Glo, a manicure and pedicure at Vintage Nail Bar, waxing at European Wax Center, and lash extensions at The Lash Lounge.
52. Set up a free pharmacist consultation with
Blue Flowers, Charlotte’s first pharmacist-owned cannabis boutique, and find the specific products that fit your needs.
53. Discover the benefits of a holistic, integrated and personalized approach to your health and wellness at
Summer Pops Series
Community Events & Experiences
54. Don’t miss the
Summer Pop Series with Charlotte Symphony at Symphony Park June 11-July 2, a summer ritual in SouthPark. The final performance is a Fourth of July celebration with a fireworks finale.
55. Sign up for a themed cooking class at
Sur La Table or Williams-Sonoma.
56. Learn about your neighbor’s outdoor adventures at a
Jesse Brown's Outdoors Storyteller’s Night event.
57. Experience the current art exhibition on display at
Anne Neilson Fine Art.
58. Enjoy live music every week at
Bonterra on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, IRO Bar & Lounge inside the Hyatt Centric Hotel on Wednesdays, Dilworth Tasting Room SouthPark the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, and AC Marriott SouthPark on Thursdays.
59. Go on the hunt for the city’s best food trucks at
SouthPark Eats Food Truck Meetup every Wednesday during lunch at Fairview Plaza.
60. Discover the flavors of Paris at one of the weekly
tasting experiences and tea times at Chez Marie.
Don't let a rainy day get you down, check out
16 rainy day activities in SouthPark.
SouthPark coloring book for art therapy and coloring fun anytime, anywhere.
You belong in SouthPark. Discover more ways to experience this vibrant, ever-growing neighborhood by exploring the